Prince died due to an accidental overdose of prescription Fentanyl, one of the world’s strongest narcotic drugs – 50 times stronger than morphine.
It is still unclear whether Prince had a legal prescription for the drug, but what is certain is that the drug is becoming an increasing problem in the US.
As a whole, abuse of prescription drugs has grown out of control and Fentanyl is quickly gaining notoriety. From 2013 to 2014, Fentanyl overdoses skyrocketed from 92 to 514 in Ohio alone!
Much of this growth is attributed to illegal Fentanyl that was produced in a single lab in Mexico. The DEA states that there were more than 1,000 deaths associated with this lab from 2005 to 2007.
Click here to read more.