Queso dip not your thing? Many Super Bowl sauce staples are rich in dairy, not to mention loaded with salt, white sugar, and saturated fat. Here are five tasty dips—from spicy guacamole to homemade Nutella—that are gluten-free and made from healthy, whole ingredients. Pair with gluten-free crackers and raw veggies for a healthy score this Super Bowl.
1. Greek Yogurt Dip: For an easy pairing, serve 1 cup Litehouse Opadipity Cucumber Dill Greek Yogurt Dip served with crudite, such as sliced celery and broccoli. This new dip packs a lot of flavor without packing on the pounds: low in calories, more protein, and lots of taste!
2. Spicy Peanut Sauce: Puree 1 large garlic clove, 1 tsp. fresh ginger, pinch cayenne pepper, 1/3 cup organic peanut butter, 3 tbsp. water (plus more if needed), 2 tbsp. tamari sauce, 1 1/2 tbsp. pure maple syrup, and juice of 1 lime in a food processor until well combined. Serve with gluten-free whole-grain crackers or crudite such as sliced celery and cauliflower.
3. Spicy Guacamole: If you don’t have time to make a homemade guac, I like Sabra’s served with gluten-free whole grain crackers. It’s got a kick of spicy flavor and can be used as a dip for veggies too.
4. Homemade “Nutella”: Process 2 cups roasted hazelnuts and 2 tbsp. coconut oil in a food processor until they are very smooth like peanut butter (about 10 minutes). Then add a dash of vanilla extract, 2 tbsp. honey, and 1 tbsp. cocoa powder. Add more honey, if desired. Serve with gluten-free dessert cookies.
5. Hummus: Pick your favorite hummus served with veggies for a healthy dip option. I like Sabra’s Basil Pesto Hummus served with sliced zucchini and carrots. It also pairs well with your Super Bowl chicken wings!
By: Amie Valpone, Source